There are so many things to do and fun activities to partake in, on days when you’ve absorbed all the relaxation you can handle!
The local village of Chamborigaud is 10 minutes walk away with 3 small supermarkets, boulangerie, boucherie, tabac and wine shop.
There are two 18 hole golf-courses with a 1 hour drive towards Nimes and there is a 9 hole golf-course near Villefort approx ½ hour’s drive away.
The area also has excellent trout fishing and there are several stocked lakes for children and where you can buy your catch for home cooking.
The whole area is adjacent to the Cevennes National Park area which is renowned for its beautiful scenery and rivers and there are many walks through unspoiled countryside.
The Chamborigaud Viaduct is quite a sight to see and the backdrop to it is Mont Lozère – the highest peak in the Cevennes National Park at 1,699 metres (5,574 ft). There is also a secondary peak.
- There is skiing in the Cevennes at nearby Mas de la Barque and Mont Aigaoul – ski de fond (cross country) is the most common with a little downhill and tobogganing. These walks are also beautiful in the summer. The area also has its own vineyards and free “degustations” (wine tastings) are expected, and tours can be arranged. The area is rich in beautiful towns with nearby Uzes and the World Heritage Site of Pont du Gard – the Roman Aquaduct is also within an hour’s drive. Ales is the nearest (20 mins drive) large town for shopping along with Nimes and it has the usual hypermarkets, ten-pin bowling and cinemas.
- Walking – our estate is bordered by the River Luech and there are some beautiful walks along its banks straight from the Chateau grounds. The nearby village of Pont de Rastel is a short walk and is very beautiful also.
- Tennis – there is an adjacent tennis court very close to the property that has just been refurbished, and is a mere 5 mins walk away. Go-Karts – we have 2 go-karts that can also be hired.
- Restaurants – There are some delightful local restaurants which we can provide a list of.
- Pony/horse riding – this can be arranged locally and we can also hire them to stay for the duration of the visit.
- Villefort – here there is a lake where you can hire pedallos, kayaks, sailing boats and go mountaineering, canyoning and potholing.
- Other activities such as fishing, ten-pin bowling and of course the visits to the wine-making vineyards are all within easy reach.